Considering the overwhelming response I received for the first contest on this blog, I am now launching the second contest based on Indian stock market and Cricket World Cup 2015! India managed to win convincingly against Pakistan in their first encounter of this WC 2015 tournament. In their second match, India will compete against South Africa on Sunday, 22nd February’2015 at MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground), Australia.In fact, even the final of Cricket World Cup 2015 will be held at MCG venue. For detailed information about this Cricket World Cup 2015 event, you can check out the link here.
This new contest will definitely require you to ‘Predict the Winner’ of the India-SA CWC 2015 match. Apart from that, you will have to pick 2 best stocks that have the potential to do well on the next market day following the match. You can participate in this contest from now till the morning of Sunday, 22nd Feb’2015 (up to 8 a.m. IST). Please go through the below mentioned contest guidelines and participate actively in it.
Rules to participate in contest based on India vs South Africa World Cup 2015 match and Indian Stock Market
- You have to accurately guess the winner of Indo-SA WC 2015 match i.e. you need predict who would emerge victorious in the Cricket World Cup 2015 game between India and South Africa. Only if you guess this right, you will earn 1 point and will be eligible for the winner prize.
- You have to guess who will win the ‘Man of the Match’ award for that game. If your guess is right, you will earn 1 point and will then be eligible for the winner prize.
- Pick two of the best stocks that you think would do well on Monday, 23rd February 2015 (since on Sunday, markets are closed). Both stocks need to end the day on 23rd Feb’15 in UC (Upper Circuit). One stock will correspond to the team that you thing will win and the other stock will correspond to the player you think will be ‘Man of the Match’ for that game.
- You will earn 2 points if your winning team stock hits UC and the same team wins. Similarly, you will earn 2 more points if your chosen player wins MOM award and your stock for that player ends in UC.
- You will get only 1 point if your chosen player gets MOM, but your stock (corresponding to the player) doesn’t end in UC. Similarly, you will get only 1 point if your chosen team wins the game, but your team stock doesn’t end in UC.
- For example, you will get total 2 points if your prediction about winning team (say India winning) comes true and if your chosen stock for India (say SBI) ends the day in UC. If your guess about winning team is not correct, you cannot earn any points and cannot win the contest i.e. it is mandatory to guess the correct winning team.
- For example, if your chosen MOM player (say MS Dhoni) wins the award and the corresponding stock (say ICICI) ends in UC, then you will earn total 2 points. This means even if your stock ICICI (example only) ends in UC, you won’t get any points if MS Dhoni doesn’t get MOM award.
- So, a potential winner of this contest needs to get 4 guesses correct: the winning team, the winning team stock ending in UC, the Man of the Match player and the MOM player stock. Thus, a total of 4 points is the highest you can score in this game.
- All the above answers should be written by you in only 1 comment below. Example of participant comment would be “I guess India will win the match and MS Dhoni will be MOM (Man of the Match). My two stocks are: SBI (for India) and ICICI (for MS Dhoni).”
- Only 1 comment entry is allowed per member.
- No other comments except doubts about this contest or final entries from participants will be accepted.
- The contest starts from today (17th Feb’2015) and participation ends at 8 a.m. (IST) on Sunday, 22nd Feb’2015 (just before the start of India-SA Word Cup 2015 game. So, kindly participate in this contest by commenting only once with your entry below.
- Results for the contest will be announced on the morning of Tuesday, 24th February’2015.
Prize for the Winner of the Contest
The winner or winners of this contest will get their picture published in a blog post along with details about them. Apart from them, this contest will test your understanding of the market pattern for the two stocks that you select to perform for you. Of course, it is to celebrate the sporting cricket match between India and South Africa during Cricket World Cup 2015.
I am sure all of you would participate with great enthusiasm in this contest. Please go through the above guidelines once again and you would thoroughly enjoy being a part of this one. As mentioned previously, readers who consistently participate in all contests will also stand a chance for special prizes in the long-term. So, join in the fun and keep track of this contest page!
Note: The above contest is my personal creation to celebrate India’s journey in the Cricket World Cup 2015 on a positive note.
Note: To get the best benefits about regular updates related to various articles, motivational thoughts and contests posted on this blog, you can subscribe to our email newsletter service below: